How to Quickly Prep Your House For Sale
Making the decision to sell your house isn’t the hard part. It’s what comes after that’s time-consuming. There is so much to do to make your house look presentable and so little time.
We’ve compiled some tips to help you make the most of your time and still wow your potential buyers.
- If you have the time, check out some open houses in your area. It will give you an idea of what your house has and what upgrades it needs.
- When thinking about the repairs, remember to consider both the inside and the outside. Decking out every device indoors won’t do you any good if you can’t get your buyer through the door. That means focus on the landscaping. That means putting in green grass, trimming the bushes, power washing the driveway, and adding an extra paint coat on the exterior of your house if you have the time.
- Now, we can turn our attention to the interior of the house. Take the time to consider repairs. A leaking faucet, a broken door lock, a dead lightbulb. Things you may have overlooked need to be taken care of now.
- Onto the bigger updates. Every realtor knows that a kitchen can really set the tone for the entire house. Countertops, cabinets, appliances are all things you should consider redoing. This also goes for the bathrooms.
- Finally, clean and stage the house. All the memorabilia, notebooks, family photos, clothes, toys, all of that has to go. Rearranging your furniture is also a good idea to make your rooms seem bright and spacious. First impressions are key so make sure to take your time when cleaning out your house.
Now, you’re ready to sell! Just remember, you’re not just selling a house, you’re selling a home.
At Pattern Realty, We are here to help sell your home quickly. Call us today!